My Noticer

My Noticer
There's always time to stop & smell the roses!

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Beautiful Things

"Beautiful Things" Here for your listening pleasure is Landon's favorite song. He hasn't asked to listen to it in awhile but today I introduced him to my new favorite song; "What a Beautiful Name" My fave. I guess that reminded him...I wonder why.....HAHA! Anyway, he asked to listen to it on the way to pre-school (heart melted).

I have to say; it's one of my favorites too! I have always loved the song...but...now that its Landy's favorite my heart is endeared to it even more. I love that he loves music. It amazes me how much their little ears pick up....mine even notices different instruments and the way the music changes with the verses and chorus....My dude knows when a song is building and when that bridge is coming! Remember that the next time you turn on the radio! LOL

I'm always amazed at the things I learn from Landon. I deeply believe children can teach us more than we could ever imagine if we take the time to listen and notice. We underestimate them in profound ways. True to form Landy's taste in music has schooled me yet again.....

Lately my mind has been completely pre-occupied with all things politics....I think a lot of fellow Americans can agree that these are tumultuous times.... I mean geez.....I have literally been distressed over the things I am hearing on the news and YES even Facebook...I've just been trying to make sense of it all...But its all sort of senseless...Anyway, there is something to be said for the innocent way children view the world. They have this knack for boiling things down to their most finite form and I can appreciate that. Some may say they are simple but I think they may be on to something... With everything going on in our country I have been feeling dejected and hopeless.  Silly me, I forgot my hope does NOT lie in the things of this world. Thank you Landy for that gentle reminder!

These lyrics reminded me that God is bigger than my fear.

All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found?
Could a garden come out from this ground, at all?
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us
All around,
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found, in you
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

My favorite song says He has NO rival  and No equal and I believe that....I think I just got lost in the world and forgot...

I think it's safe to say that for Landy life is being found in Him and that couldn't be more beautiful!







No comments: