My Noticer

My Noticer
There's always time to stop & smell the roses!

Sunday, October 8, 2017

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

Yep...thats proof that Landy was kissed by a real live princess



















In two days you'll be six my sweet boy! This year more than ever I am acutely aware of how quickly you are growing up. I think Kindergarten has a lot to do with that. I always knew you were bright and creative but seeing you come home with pictures you've drawn from your imagination with no influence from me and stories about how your very own day went make my heart flutter a little. Its strange having you gone for so long during the day. One day you'll understand what it is for something to be "bittersweet" and my love; thats what growing up is...at least from a mom's perspective.

Its the strangest thing because I think I know you better than anyone yet I'm learning so many new and interesting things about you everyday...like maybe I don't have you all figured out HAHA! Raising you boys is definitely proving to be my life's greatest mystery and probably the best journey I could ever hope for. That's not to say I don't get caught up in the mundane everyday tasks and sometimes  often times forget how lucky I am. That's why I'm grateful for life's little reminders (like birthdays) to slow down and take note, because I know one day I'll look back and know without a doubt that; THESE were the days.

And so, I want to try and live with that knowledge everyday...even when I'm picking up all of the hundreds of legos off the floor for the thousandth time. Or when I step on a plastic army man with bare feet, and especially when you still want me to kiss your "boo-boo's".  And when it's bed time and you still ask me to sing Twinkle-Twinkle...and you're trying to stay up late so then you ask me to sing "Raindrops on Roses" like you're being sneaky or something...I definitely want to remember THESE are the days!

Tonight after I tucked you in you said "don't worry mom, I won't sneak into your bed tonight".
I have plenty of reasons to doubt this statement, like basically every night before tonight :) so I just said; "Okay, love you". Then you told me to "make sure I dreamed about you tonight" so of course I said "I would dream about us driving race cars together" and you quickly said
"No, just dream about ALL the things we can do together"....
That pulled at my heart strings so bad I almost climbed into bed with you! Haha, but seriously, you always give me so much to ponder, and so I'm just sitting here thinking about you and all the things we can do together... So in no particular order here are just some of the highlights.

So, I know you aren't actually going to marry me 😉 but you did promise to come over every Friday night and hang out with me....So, I dream you marry the girl of your dreams and that we love her and she loves us and we actually like to hang out together and so every Friday night we get together and laugh until our sides hurt.

I dream about going to your games one day (please don't be football or hockey) and cheering you on ridiculously loud....also I'll probably buy all the parent spirit wear I can get my hands on.
HINT: If you play soccer we can talk strategy!

Since its almost Halloween and you are OBSESSED with all things spooky I dream of the day when you can go see scary movies with me and eat lots of buttery popcorn! I promise to buy you all the gummy worms you want AND I'll still share my chocolate!

I dream of the day you are reading chapter books because we can totally talk books! I promise to read what you like too! Oh, and the thought of you reading stories to Logan in the next year or two makes my heart so happy.

I dream of the day I get to watch your dad take you up for your first airplane ride...my heart will be going crazy because I know your dad is going to let you take the "wheel" so to speak HAHA
My feet will be firmly planted while you taste freedom and I love the thought of the two of you sharing a moment like that!

I dream about the days when you're old enough to have your buddies over to the house...all that energy excites me...I'll try not to embarrass you, AND I promise to have plenty of junk food around...Yes, I will bribe you with video games and cheetos if that means I get to hear your teenaged laughter in the next room.

I dream about helping you get ready for your first big dance and taking a ridiculous  cool/minimal amount of pictures with you and your date...I've only seen you enamored by a girl once and that was Cinderella at Disney Land when you were 3 so.....I think you can handle homecoming!

I dream about you becoming who you are meant to be and I can't wait to meet him...you...

Totally cheesy but I literally dream about you getting married because I can't wait for you to find the one who your soul loves...gotta throw in some Song of Solomon! Also, I dream about you and I sharing the mother/groom dance and we blow everyones minds when dance to "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee because that is our JAM! All of that of course is assuming your bride to be REALLY loves me and gets me! HAHA

I dream about the few short magical years we have left where I get the chance to prove that magic exists at Christmas time...I mean, you actually think your toys come to life at night and have epic battles!! I dream about the day when maybe you don't believe but you get to help me and your dad create that magic for Logan! I am sure your ideas will put me and your Dad's basic scenes to shame!

You are totally "ELF" Landy


I dream about having coffee with you one day and talking about life and MAYBE there won't be talk of poop, farts, or balls!! Aww, who am I kidding!

Coffee/Serious Landy
I dream about what hugging you when you are taller and stronger than me might feel like...And now I'm crying....

I dream about watching you become a father...Oh, I can't wait for that one! Also...then I can say I told you so about so many things! I especially can't wait to say; "See, I told you there is no way a kid can love their parents more than a parent loves them..." You are convinced that you win at the "infinities" argument every time. for more on the infinities

I dream about meeting your kids and just knowing them...and knowing the little family you'll create.








Gosh, I am realizing I have a lot of dreams that involve you and I. I'm pretty sure you just meant for me to dream about crazy and fun things that can maybe ONLY happen in dreams... Like slaying dragons and flying...and maybe breathing under water like mermaids and finding buried treasure...oh, and jumping from cloud to cloud in the sky like they are nothing more than giant trampolines, and then eating a ridiculous amount of Oreos and NEVER even getting sick!

Here's to dreaming big Landon. Happy Birthday my Peter Pan and I think Cinderella said it best....

A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you will lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep 


This is what enamored Landy looks like... his hands give him away!





































No comments: